A company engaged in manufacturing & trading of ferrous and non-ferrous metals
(An ISO 9001-2015 & 14001-2015 Certified Co.)
Incorporated in the year, 1992, RCI Industries & Technologies Limited is listed with BSE Ltd. Further, we established our name in Indian Handicrafts specially made by Copper & Brass metals. Since inception, our Company under the guidance of experienced promoters has responded to changing economic conditions. We are one of the leading companies engaged in the sphere of offering and exporting Copper items such as Copper Wires which include Annealed Copper Wire, Bunched Copper Wires ropes and copper ingots which are used in different electrical and industrial applications. With experience of more than 21 years in the sphere of trading and exporting Copper Wires, we understand current market trends and demand that has enabled us to cater various industries such as manufacturing units, industries, automobile & engineering industry. Dedicated employees forming the part of our Company, we have grown from strength to strength under the dynamic leadership of our promoters and directors. The combined experience has propelled our Company to source and cater to the specific needs of various customers.
Our Company is progressing rapidly and gaining trust of customers under the guidance of our mentor & Managing Director, 'Mr. Rajeev Gupta'. His business skills, market knowledge, extensive experience of metal trading & leadership enabled us to gain a successful position in the market.
Acquisition of Devi Metal Technologies Our company-RCI Industries and Technologies Limited has acquired a running business of M/s Devi Metal Technologies, partnership firm engaged in the manufacturing of copper, brass, stainless steel strips/sheet/coils. The unit is in operation since 2007 and was managed by Manish Aggarwal and Raj Kumar Aggarwal, partners of the firm. The unit is located in a tax exemption zone at Baddi, Himachal Pradesh and is enjoying income tax and excise duty exemption. The unit is having state of art machinery and infrastructure to manufacture and process 3000 MT of copper/ brass in a year which comes to Rs.120.00Crs. based on an average price of copper at Rs.400 /Kg. The partners were not able to run due to liquidity crises though the demand of the products is good and having good clientele. Mr. Rajiv Gupta, MD of RCI has become interested in taking over the unit as a going concern as the same is falling in the same line of industry under which he has not only got experience but also having contacts and networking. After making legal, financial, technical and marketing due diligence, he is of the firm opinion that the industry is being affected due to funds constrained. The unit is having good infrastructure and facilities to cater to the wide array of customer’s requirement. The customers of the unit includes name such as Havells India Ltd., Supreme Auto Industries etc. The unit is located in Baddi (H.P.) in an area of 9828 sq. mtrs. owned by the firm. The unit has been taken over w.e.f. 01.04.16 and became a unit of RCI Industries & Technologies Limited and named as “RCI Strips (A Unit of RCI (Industries and Technologies Limited)”.
The company has state of the art manufacturing set-up at baddi (H.P.) coupled with latest machinery and equipment. A major expansion plan in order to replace existing old as well as installation of new plant & machinery to enhance the capacity is in progress and we expect capital expenditure to the tune of Rs. 15.00 crores in the form of building , plant & machinery and equipments during current F.Y. 2016-17. The installed capacity with the proposed expansion will enhance from 3000 MT to 7000 MT P.A. resulting in sales turnover to the tune of Rs. 280Crores P.A.
Our factory is well equipped with all modern testing facilities for testing required for the product
Quality Inspection STAGE-1 (Physical Properties)
•Physical testing of strips: Strips should be free from dust roughness, Burr free, Surface should be of brighter shining.
Quality Inspection STAGE-2 (Mechanical Properties)
Quality Inspection STAGE-3 (Chemical Properties)
After going through the above said testing procedures, material is ready for dispatch.
Advantage of RCI Brass Strips over other local manufacturers :
1. Finish : Rolls for this Rolling Mill are very sender. Hence, Rolls are changed for each coil after grinding and polishing. This ensures better surface finish & shine and eliminates chances of roll marks on the material.
2. Gauge : Accuracy of the thickness is much better. Our Rolling Mill can achieve Gauge Tolerance of ± 0.01 mm on thicker material and on ± 0.005 mm on thin materials. This is not possible from 4 Hi Rolling Mill.
3. This mill has on line gauge sensing devices (flying micro-meters) for indicating the gauge variation continuously. Hence, thickness variation if any, can be corrected continuously. In thinner materials, gauge accuracy may result in upto 10% more production of components.
4. Since we are manufacturing more than 50% of our material as thin foils, we have to ensure a very high standard of quality right from melting to finishing stage. To produce thin strips, we do not accept any scrap or impure raw materials in our melting.
5. We have better control over hardness. We can supply material within ± 8 HV Hardness for Half Hard tempers. Due to our fine grain size and polished Rolls, processes of pickling, buffing and plating come out better at customer’s end.
6. Since we are manufacturing strips using Hot-Rolling method, we are able to supply Brass Strips in Alloy 63/37 whereas others are using continuous casting route and can only supply Alloy 65/35. The main advantage of this is that color of our strips is Golden Yellow and is most suitable for art ware and jewelry. Whereas colour of 65/35 alloy is Greenish Yellow. Hot Rolling method removes various defects like Blowholes, Slivers and micro porosity usually associated with continuous cast strips. Hot Rolling ensures finer grain structure.
7. Our 20 Hi Mill has state of the art electronic controls to ensure consistent gauge throughout the length and width of material.
8. We have small sized batch annealing furnace. We anneal only 2000 Kg. material at a time. Hence, we can “Custom Anneal” each parties material to specific requirements to attain desired hardness, cupping & grain size. Other manufacturers anneal 5-8 M.T. at a time, thereby clubbing orders of various parties and compromising on quality.
9. Using of RCI Quality Brass is economical in terms of material saving, fewer rejections as well as longer life of dies and punches all due to a very precise gauge control, smooth surface and consistent temper.